Finding the right talent is crucial for the success of any small business. However, the hiring process can be time-consuming and challenging without the right tools in place.
That’s where recruiting software comes to the rescue. With the advancement of technology, there are several options available that cater specifically to the needs of small businesses, but there are five that stand out from the pack: Indeed, Manatal, Zoho Recruit, ZipRecruiter and Workable. These platforms offer a range of features and functionalities designed to streamline the hiring process and help employers find the perfect candidates efficiently.
Best Recruiting Software for Small Business Comparison Chart
|Product Name||Indeed||Manatal||Zoho Recruit||ZipRecruiter||Workable|
|Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
|Free Trial||N/A (it’s free)||14 days||15 days||4 days||15 days|
|Job Boards||N/A (it’s an aggregator)||Over 2,500||Over 75||Over 200||Over 200|
- Free and widely popular platform that aggregates job listings from various sources
- Offers sponsored posts for increased visibility and reach
- Features a tool for evaluating candidate skills and qualifications
- Provides valuable insights into candidate abilities and allows for customized assessments
- Suitable for small businesses looking for a broad candidate pool and easy-to-use interface
As an aggregator, Indeed brings together job listings from different boards, which means you’ll find hundreds of postings of similar kinds in a single page. While this can make it more challenging for your listing to stand out, it does offer sponsored posts that use a pay-per-click (PPC) model. Thanks to that, you only have to pay a fee each time an applicant clicks or views your listing.
However, it’s important to note that this approach can have its drawbacks. If your posting receives a significant number of interactions, it could end up being pricier than anticipated. In short, it’s crucial to consider your budget and expected level of interest before deciding to go with this sponsored route.
Moreover, Indeed offers a useful tool called Indeed Assessment to streamline the screening and evaluation process. This feature enables employers to create customized assessments tailored to specific job requirements. Through a variety of quizzes, employers can determine the applicants’ skills and qualifications, gaining valuable insights into their abilities. Also, businesses have the option to set screening questions that quickly determine if an applicant meets the basic qualifications for a role from the get-go.
- AI-based recruiting software that optimizes the hiring process
- Allows for customization of recruitment pipelines with a drag-and-drop interface
- Features Kanban boards that provide overview of the recruitment process
- Provides a wide range of integrations and features, including applicant tracking system (ATS)
Manatal sets itself apart with its recruitment software powered by artificial intelligence (AI), which helps small businesses source and hire faster. To be exact, it’s capable of searching the top candidates for a specific position, scoring applicants depending on their profiles and the job’s requirements. Also, it offers customizable recruitment pipelines with a drag-and-drop interface and provides an overview of the recruitment process through Kanban boards.
What’s more, it integrates with multiple job channels, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Indeed and Codility. On that note, businesses can reach a wide audience, as it posts listings to more than 2,500 job boards. It even offers handy features like ATS.
- Highly customizable recruiting software suitable for small businesses and staffing agencies
- Offers powerful ATS and customer relationship management (CRM) systems
- Provides AI-powered sourcing and candidate management features
- Integrates with various tools, including LinkedIn, Google Workspace and Microsoft Outlook
Zoho Recruit is a scalable and customizable recruitment platform that combines ATS and CRM capabilities. It allows small businesses to post listings to multiple job sites and harnesses AI matching and employee referrals for efficient candidate sourcing.
Also, it takes the hassle out of job postings by distributing them to more than 75 boards, and it even directly parses resumes. And with the power of AI, it provides recommended candidates for jobs based on their skillset. In addition, its temp plan Workerly is ideal for hiring temporary workers.
- Paid service that distributes listings to over 100 job boards
- Offers TrafficBoost for promoting listings in targeted email alerts to relevant job seekers
- Features screening questions and filters to streamline the candidate selection process.
ZipRecruiter is a paid service that focuses on optimizing the reach and visibility of job listings for potential candidates, posting listings to more than 100 job boards.
When it comes to sponsored posting, it offers a feature called TrafficBoost. This lets you promote your listings and place them at the top of daily targeted email alerts sent to relevant job seekers who match the required qualifications.
One of its notable features is its screening process. Employers can ask candidates specific questions known as “Deal-Breaker Questions.” These questions help filter out applicants who may not meet the basic qualifications for the position, as candidates who skip them or answer them incorrectly are automatically hidden, saving you time and effort during the initial screening phase.
- Enables small businesses to make the right hires quickly
- Helps fill candidate pipelines through posting to over 200 job sites
- Offers AI-powered sourcing, collaboration with HR teams and automated processes
- Provides mobile app accessibility for recruiting on-the-go
As a cloud-based ATS, Workable is made to make the life of hiring teams a whole deal easier, as it allows for easily searching for and keeping tabs on the statuses of candidates. All in all, its system makes the recruitment process smoother and more efficient.
Among its notable features is its scalability, providing a tailored solution for small startups and even large corporations. It lets you post openings to more than 200 job boards across the globe, though the free version only includes 15.
Now integration is key, and the software doesn’t disappoint. It seamlessly integrates with popular third-party tools like Gmail and Zoom, as well as other apps that are often used when hiring applicants. On top of that, there are self-scheduling and e-signature tools, and it even automates onboarding steps.
Last but not least, it has a nifty mobile app, which enables businesses to recruit just about anywhere. Whether it’s reviewing resumes, communicating with candidates or managing the hiring process, it pretty much provides the flexibility to recruit from anywhere.
When it comes to recruiting software for small businesses, these five platforms stand out as the top choices: Indeed, Manatal, Zoho Recruit, ZipRecruiter and Workable. Each offers unique features and functionalities designed to simplify the hiring process and help small businesses find the right candidates efficiently.
Whether it’s the wide reach and user-friendly interface of Indeed, the AI-powered sourcing and customizable pipelines of Manatal, the scalable and customizable system of Zoho Recruit, the optimized job distribution of ZipRecruiter or the automated features of Workable, these platforms cater to the diverse needs of small businesses.